- Intuitive and/or experienced when it comes to handling challenging animals and/or you are educated in animal science or behavior
- Available to work during the week of Thanksgiving and the week of Christmas
- A dependable, responsible, reliable, hard-working, organized, passionate, compassionate, clever, loyal, polite, patient, creative problem-solver who is appreciative of what others do for you
- Happy when working by yourself and a true team player. You like helping others out!
- Ok with using your car, your smartphone, and your data package for work.
- Understanding that this job does not pay a ton. You won’t get rich doing this but you will have the opportunity to work with amazing pets and people
- Willing to administer medication, learn basic dog training strategies, and clean up messes
- A good verbal and written communicator with all types of people
- Eager to go above and beyond
- Able to give us clarity on what your availability looks like. You can attend school or have another job but it must have a consistent schedule.
- Accepting of working outside in the heat or cold or rain. Sometimes it’s gorgeous outside but not always!
Sarah’s Pet Care Revolution- a professional team of thoughtful, kind pet experts who make life easier for pets and their people by providing at-home pet sitting and dog walking services in most of Orleans Parish.
- We have built an excellent reputation over our 8 years in business.
- We offer opportunities to work full-time once you have proven yourself as a part-time pet expert, as well as positions in management/administration where available and appropriate. Admin positions come with subsidized health benefits and paid time off.
- All of our employees are paid as W-2 workers not 1099s because they are employees and not contractors! And this means your taxes are lower (because we pay payroll taxes) and we cover your liability and worker’s compensation insurances.
- There is a strong Admin team to support you when you are out in the field.
- We pay for your time even when the business doesn’t make money. That means you get paid to meet with clients and to come to staff meetings.
- We use a client portal that functions as an employee app, providing you with all the information you need to do your job well.
- We have a history of growth and success in sales, which means, if you give us the time, we will fill your schedule!
Compensation for pet experts begins at $12 per hour with on-the-job training paid at minimum wage.
- Watch the video on this page.
- Send an email to email@example.com with “Pet Expert Application” as the subject line. Email must include:
- An attached resume including your name, email address, and phone number
- A cover letter
- If all looks good with your resume and cover letter, our Chief Operating Officer Rebecca will send you a written application to fill out.
- Applicants who pass the written application, move to a performance interview where they walk a dog with one of our existing Pet Experts.
- Applicants who have a successful performance interview, have a sit-down interview with Rebecca to make sure everyone is on the same page about expectations.