- Experienced handling challenging animals
- Available to work all holidays and the surrounding days
- A dependable, responsible, reliable, hard-working, organized, passionate, compassionate, clever, loyal, polite, patient, creative problem-solver
- Happy working by yourself and a true team player
- Ok with using your car, your smartphone, and your data package for work
- Aware this job does not pay a ton. You won’t get rich doing this but you will have the opportunity to work with amazing pets and people
- Willing to administer medication, learn basic dog training strategies, and clean up messes
- A good verbal and written communicator with all types of people
- Eager to go above and beyond
- Clear about which hours you can work
- Fine with working outside in the heat or cold or rain
- We have built an excellent reputation over our 10 years in business.
- We offer opportunities to work full-time once you have proven yourself as a part-time pet expert, as well as positions in management/administration where available and appropriate.
- All employees are paid as W-2 workers not 1099s, which means your taxes are lower and we cover your liability and worker’s compensation insurance.
- We support you when you are out in the field.
- We pay for your time to meet with clients and to come to staff meetings.
- We have an employee app that provides you with all the information you need to do your job well.
- Compensation for pet experts begins at $12 per hour with on-the-job training paid at minimum wage.
- Watch the video on the home page.
- Send an email to [email protected] with “Pet Expert Application” as the subject line.
- Attach resume
- At least one paragraph on why you want this job and why you would be good at it
- Fill out the written application we send you.
- Applicants who pass the written application move to a performance interview where they walk a dog with one of our existing Pet Experts.
- Applicants who have a successful performance interview, have a final interview.