1. Services: Sarah the Pet Sitter LLC dba Sarah’s Pet Care Revolution (SPCR) agrees to provide a variety of pet care services in a reliable, caring, and trustworthy manner. In consideration of these services and as an express condition thereof, the Client waives and relinquishes any and all claims against SPCR, except those arising from proven negligence.
2. Employees: SPCR is solely owned by Sarah Covert. Sarah Covert hires qualified employees for the company and designates a management team. Management decides which employee will hold responsibility over each visit to Client’s pet(s). Should the designated employee be unable to perform service, Management will notify the Client and arrange for another employee to attain Client’s key(s) and care for pet(s). Employees in training may accompany designated employee on visits unless otherwise established in writing but Management will inform Client that trainee will be in attendance.
Trusted Team Policy
Client acknowledges and accepts that SPCR hires qualified employees and trusts SPCR and its employees to make informed and responsible decisions as to the care of Client’s pet(s). Client acknowledges and accepts that any SPCR employee may be responsible for completing Client’s service(s) and that Management will notify Client if Client has not met the employee completing said service(s). If Client wishes to meet with an SPCR employee, they may request a meeting for a fee.
SPCR does not tolerate harassment of any kind toward employees. Given the personal nature of entering a Client’s home, Client acknowledges that a certain level of decorum must be maintained during the time an SPCR employee is present and completing services for Client. SPCR also does not permit Clients to solicit employees for pet care services outside of SPCR.
3. Insurance: SPCR agrees to maintain liability insurance for all active employees through Pet Sitters Associates LLC.
4. Damage to the Home: SPCR shall not be held responsible for any damage to the Client’s property caused by Client’s pet(s) unless such damage is caused by a negligent act by SPCR. SPCR carries bonding through Pet Sitters Associates LLC. SPCR is not responsible for damage to Client’s home beyond the employee’s control. This includes, but is not limited to: leaks, electrical problems, and acts of nature. In these situations, SPCR will attempt to contact the Client and the Emergency Contact before making a subjective decision on dealing with the damage. All repairs and related fees, including but not limited to SPCR emergency service time and coordination fees, will be paid by the Client. SPCR is not responsible for coordinating with companies or individuals responsible for handling home projects and repairs of any kind.
Client is also liable for injury or harm done to an SPCR employee due to neglect and/or disrepair of Client’s property. Client agrees to pay any medical expenses related to employee injury due to property neglect and/or disrepair.
5. Home Security: SPCR is not liable for any loss or damage in the event of a burglary or other crime that occurs during a service period. Client agrees to secure home prior to leaving the premises. SPCR will re-secure the home according to Client instructions at the end of each visit. SPCR accepts no responsibility for loss to the premises if other individuals have access to Client’s home, or if the home is not properly secured by Client. At the time that service is booked, Client will notify SPCR of everyone who has been granted access to the home during the service period and will notify anyone entering the home that SPCR has access to and will be entering the home. SPCR does not grant third parties access to Client’s home without consent of Client.
6. Scheduling/Invoicing: Client is responsible for scheduling service through SPCR’s Time To Pet client portal. The portal can be accessed at www.timetopet.com/portal/sarahs-pet-care-revolution or by way of the Time To Pet mobile app. Service can be scheduled by clicking on the Schedule tab and selecting +Request New Service. SPCR Management will confirm scheduled services through Time To Pet.
In order to hold space for said services, a non-refundable deposit equal to the cost of the first service will be due immediately. Clients are required to put a credit card on file in the Time To Pet system. Management will charge the credit card on file at the time of booking for the deposit amount and send Client an invoice for the full amount indicating that the deposit amount has been deducted from the total.
For the health and safety of all dog clients, SPCR requires that dogs receive at least 2 visits per day while Client is out of town. One of those visits may be done by another person, but Client must indicate who that other person is and give SPCR their contact information to ensure proper communication from one sitter to the next. SPCR will not go more than 2 days between pet sitting visits for cats and other small animals.
All services must be booked at least two days prior to the first date of service, and Clients are strongly encouraged to book services 2-3 weeks in advance. A $20 Late Booking Fee will be added to each service booked for same day/night or next day/night.
SPCR’s administrative hours are 8 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday. Although some inquiries may be answered outside of these hours, Client understands that response likely will not be received after 5 pm on weekdays and at all on Saturdays and Sundays. In the event of an emergency, Client can call the business phone line at (504) 457-8778 and leave a voicemail. We will periodically check the voicemail after hours in case of emergency.*
Clients are welcome to submit requests that are not last-minute through the Time To Pet portal or app at any time, recognizing that SPCR Management will respond when administrative hours start again. However, requests should be submitted through the Schedule tab of the portal/app, not the Conversation tab.
7. Service Times: At time of booking, SPCR provides a time interval during which services will occur. If an unforeseen situation arises, the time interval may be adjusted. All SPCR services are scheduled to begin no earlier than 8 am and no later than 8 pm daily.
SPCR services are scheduled to occur during the following intervals:
• Morning: 8 am – 11 am
• Midday: 11 am – 3 pm
• Late Afternoon: 3 pm – 5 pm
• Evening: 5 pm – 8 pm
• Slumber Party (Overnight): 10 pm to 7 am
Client can request interval at the time of booking and SPCR will approve or reject request.
SPCR schedules services on a first-come, first-serve basis, and Management is responsible for creating appropriate and reasonable schedules for both employees and Clients. Client understands that, in some cases, priority scheduling is given to pets with specific medical and physical needs.
8. Inclement Weather: In the event of inclement weather or natural disaster, SPCR is entrusted to use best judgment in caring for Client’s pet(s) and home, unless instructed by Client in writing to do otherwise. If circumstances beyond our control prohibit SPCR from following instructions, SPCR will be held harmless for consequences related to such decisions.
During summer months, weather in New Orleans can reach very high temperatures. Length of walks during extreme weather conditions is at the discretion of SPCR employees. SPCR may shorten the length of outside time to protect the health of pet(s). SPCR employees will honor the scheduled service time by extending inside time with pet(s). SPCR shall not be held liable for any injury to pet(s) due to extreme temperatures unless negligence can be proven.
New Orleans is infamous for its ability to flood quickly and erratically, leaving some streets and neighborhoods virtually impossible to traverse by vehicle, bicycle, or on foot. For the safety of our employees, Client understands that while SPCR will do everything in its power to complete service, in some cases, SPCR employees may not be able to get to Client’s home during the scheduled interval. SPCR will reschedule those services as needed and will prioritize pets with specific medical and physical needs, as well as pets whose owners are out of town. Should SPCR be unable to reach Client home at all, SPCR may or may not credit Client account depending on the amount of time spent trying to get to Client’s home.
Dog Walking Rain Cancellations
On rainy days, Dog Walking clients may choose to cancel their walk at no penalty so long as SPCR has notice of the cancellation at least three hours before scheduled service. Full payment will be credited to the Client’s account. Client may also choose to retain service with a short potty break and then quality walker-dog time inside the home for the duration of the visit.
Hurricane Evacuation Policy
Hurricane Season is defined as the time period between June 1st and November 30th annually. Any SPCR Client booking in-home pet sitting services during Hurricane Season is responsible for the evacuation of Client’s own pet(s). Because Client could be unavailable to evacuate own pet(s) in an emergency, Client must provide SPCR with an Emergency Contact who can evacuate pet(s) in the event of a hurricane or other natural disaster. SPCR cannot and will not evacuate Client’s pets.
If Hurricane Emergency Contact differs from Client’s primary Emergency Contact, Client is responsible for adding contact information for Hurricane Emergency Contact to SPCR’s Time To Pet portal/app. SPCR reserves the right to refuse service during Hurricane Season to Clients who do not list a designated Hurricane Emergency Contact in the Time To Pet portal.
It is at the discretion of SPCR Management as to the exact Evacuation Plan for SPCR employees. In the event of the threat of a hurricane, an SPCR representative will contact Client to notify about expected evacuation plan and timeline. Within 12 hours, Client must respond to SPCR representative regarding evacuation plan for pet(s). If Client does not respond within 12 hours, SPCR will attempt to directly contact Client’s Hurricane Emergency Contact. Should neither Client nor Hurricane Emergency Contact answer within 18 hours, SPCR reserves the right to make a determination about and execute an evacuation plan for pet that may involve a third party.
SPCR may apply funds for future services to other time spent at Client’s home securing premises and preparing pet(s) for evacuation. Client must direct SPCR employees to all pet supplies including but not limited to pet carriers, vet records, extra food, extra medications, collars, and ID and immunization tags at the time of evacuation. Additional time dedicated to gathering materials will be charged to Client at a rate of $27/hour.
SPCR is not liable for any damage to home or injury to pet(s) leading up to, during, or after evacuation. If Client or Hurricane Emergency Contact is unable to retrieve and/or evacuate pet(s), SPCR cannot guarantee the safety or evacuation of Client’s pet(s).
9. Payment: SPCR requires all payments be made by credit card. Clients must put a credit card on file on the Time To Pet Portal (www.timetopet.com/portal/sarahs-pet-care-revolution) or app. SPCR does not accept cash or check payments. Any cash left out in homes is assumed not to be for SPCR unless clearly designated as a tip for services for an employee.
A non-refundable deposit equal to the cost of the first service is due at the time of booking to reserve services on employees’ calendars. Management will charge the credit card on file for the deposit and send an invoice for the full amount indicating the deposit amount has been applied.
All fees are to be paid in full by the due date indicated on the invoice. Client can choose to pay the invoice before this time by going to the Invoices tab on their Time To Pet portal and selecting Make a Payment. If Client has not made a payment by the day of the first service, an additional $5 late payment fee will be added and Management will charge the credit card on file for the full amount of the invoice.
In areas with difficult parking, such as the CBD and French Quarter, Client is responsible for ensuring free parking for SPCR employees during the scheduled service time. If Client cannot guarantee free parking and SPCR employees must pay for parking, Client agrees to reimburse SPCR employees for any parking fees incurred during time of service.
10. Holiday Fees: An additional fee of $8 is added to each service during a holiday period. Holiday periods are as defined below:
• Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (3rd Monday in January)
• Mardi Gras Holiday (Saturday, Sunday, and Monday before Mardi Gras and Mardi Gras Day)
• Easter Holiday (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday of Easter weekend)
• Memorial Day Weekend (Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday of Memorial Day weekend)
• Independence Day Holiday (July 3, 4, and 5)
• Labor Day Weekend (Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday of Labor Day weekend)
• Indigenous Peoples’ Day/Columbus Day (2nd Monday in October)
• Halloween Day (October 31)
• Thanksgiving Holiday (Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday of Thanksgiving)
• Christmas & New Year’s Holiday (December 22 through January 2)
SPCR will cancel all regularly scheduled services during busy holiday weeks. If Client wishes to keep their weekly service(s) during busy holiday weeks, Client must expressly request service for that week via the Time To Pet portal/app.
11. Cancellations/Service Reduction Fees: Cancellations for same day/night or next day/night services will be charged in full. Cancellations for services that are not same day/night or next day/night but are within one week (7 days) from the point of cancellation will incur a 25% fee and Client will receive a 75% credit. SPCR does not provide refunds in the event of a cancellation or service reduction. Instead, credits will be kept on file for the next booking and applied to that invoice. Exceptions to the cancellation fee are only in the event of extreme rain as mentioned in article 8 (Inclement Weather: Extreme Rain and Dog Walk Rain Cancellations) or due to pet illness.
12. Declined Credit Cards: Should card decline, SPCR Management will contact Client to update credit card information on the Time To Pet portal immediately. If Client complies and updates credit card in a timely manner, SPCR Management will charge for any due invoices and no penalties will apply. In the event that it is necessary to initiate collection proceedings, Client is responsible for all SPCR attorney fees and costs of collection. SPCR also reserves the right to deny service in the event of a credit card declination.
13. Communication: All client communication with SPCR must go through the Time To Pet portal (www.timetopet.com/portal/sarahs-pet-care-revolution) or the Time To Pet app. Pet Experts do not use their personal phones or email for communication with clients. Should other instructions be communicated outside of the portal, SPCR cannot be held accountable for following said instructions.
Client must activate Time To Pet portal/app account and must fill out the My Info tab fully at least 24 hours before Registration. Client is responsible for maintaining the data integrity of all information on the Time To Pet portal and shall not hold SPCR liable for missing information or misinformation found on the portal/app and resulting errors related to caring for pet(s) or home. Client must have vaccination records and keys ready at Registration, sign vet authorization, add credit card to portal/app, and assist SPCR employee in filling out Pets tab in its entirety.
14. Complaints: Client agrees to discuss any post-service concerns with Management within 48 hours of service period via a Private message on the Time To Pet portal/app or by phone at 504-457-8778. SPCR Management takes complaints very seriously and seeks to rectify any concerns.
15. Key Handling: SPCR requires two copies of Client’s house key(s). If keys not given to SPCR during the Registration, Client must arrange to drop keys to SPCR Management at another time. Keys must be received at least two days in advance of first service, unless special arrangements are made with Management. If Client cannot provide SPCR with two copies of key(s) before the first service, SPCR will automatically charge Client a $10 fee to make a second copy of the key(s).
Upon receipt of keys, Management labels keys with name of pet(s) and SPCR phone number. One key is distributed to primary Pet Expert and spare key is stored in a secure location. Once service is complete, SPCR will keep Client keys on file for future bookings unless Client requests keys back in writing. Client understands that keys will be placed in secure location until future service is requested or until keys are requested back in writing. Should keys be requested back, Client will arrange with Management a time and location convenient to Management to pick keys up. SPCR has seven days to return keys to Client. Should Client request keys back, it will be the responsibility of Client to arrange drop off of keys back to Management at least two days prior to next scheduled service.
SPCR does offer lockout service. In the event that Client is locked out of home, Client can call SPCR on the business line (504-457-8778) to request key service. Client understands that SPCR may not answer if after hours and that it may take up to 1 hour for SPCR employee to retrieve key from secure location and bring to Client in his or her location. If Management is able to bring key to Client, the cost for key service is set at $25 per occurrence and is due by credit card immediately upon delivery of key.
If Client’s account has been inactive or services have not been requested for one year, SPCR reserves the right to discard Client key(s).
16. Extra Household Care
House Cleanliness: SPCR will provide light cleanup after your pets but is not a cleaning service. Clients inform SPCR of designated area for appropriate cleaning supplies via the Time To Pet portal/app. SPCR is not responsible for fabric/carpet/flooring stains created by your pet(s). SPCR requires to Client provide plastic bags, towels, cleaning products, paper towels, and trash bags. Due to scheduling constraints, SPCR employees can only stay for the schedule time of the service. SPCR employees use their time efficiently but Client understands that more time spent cleaning means less time spent with pet(s) during the visit. Should a more thorough cleaning be necessary, SPCR can offer Client recommendations for a professional cleaning service.
Plants: Caring for plants is a free part of SPCR service, and SPCR employees will do their best to follow care instructions for indoor/outdoor plants. However, SPCR employees are not plant experts and are not responsible for the condition of any indoor/outdoor plants.
Errands: Client agrees to purchase adequate supplies including but not limited to food, litter, medication, and cleaning supplies for the duration of service period before service begins and inform SPCR of location of additional supplies via the Time To Pet portal/app. Should SPCR employee require additional supplies, SPCR reserves the right to bill Client for running an errand at a rate of $20 per store plus the purchase cost. Management will send Client a copy of the receipt and charge the card on file for the errand fee plus the items purchased once the errand is complete.
17. Medications/Pet Health: SPCR employees will attempt to administer medications and supplements as directed but SPCR is not responsible for complications that arise as a result. If SPCR employee is unable to administer medication/supplement, SPCR will not be held accountable for any arising complications.
Client must give clear instructions on medication or supplement through the Time To Pet portal/app; other instructions will not be honored. Client must also inform SPCR of all pet-related medical/health issues through the Time To Pet portal/app even if those health issues are not pertinent to the immediate services.
In consideration of pet health and population maintenance, SPCR encourages clients to spay and neuter their pet(s). SPCR expects clients to abide by the City of New Orleans Code of Ordinances Sec. 18-308. – Requiring an intact dog permit. No person shall harbor or keep any intact dog within the city without first obtaining a permit. SPCR reserves the right to ask for a copy of that permit at any time.
18. Veterinary Care: Client will list primary veterinary clinic in the Time To Pet portal/app, and will notify primary veterinary clinic that SPCR is caring for pet(s). The Client also authorizes SPCR to utilize an alternative veterinary clinic in the event the primary veterinary clinic is unavailable or SPCR employees, in partnership with Management, determine that going to a nearby location would be in best interest for pet’s health.
SPCR will make every effort to contact Client prior to obtaining veterinary or emergency care. If Client cannot be reached in case of an emergency, SPCR will also attempt to contact Emergency Contact. If SPCR cannot reach Client or Emergency Contact, SPCR has express permission to transport pet(s) to a veterinary clinic and act on Client’s behalf to authorize any medical treatment with the exclusion of euthanasia. Client accepts full responsibility for all charges incurred for medical services during treatment, and will make arrangements directly with the veterinary clinic to pay all expenses. Client acknowledges that SPCR assumes no responsibility for the loss or injury of any pet and is released from all liability related to transportation, treatment, and expense. In the event that Client cannot be reached and SPCR Management uses SPCR funds to pay for veterinary care, Management will send Client a copy of the veterinary invoice and charge the card on file for the amount of the veterinary services. Client understands that SPCR also reserves the right to charge for additional SPCR employee time spent transporting and staying with pet(s) as a result of emergency.
19. Contagious Illness/Vaccinations: SPCR does not service pets that have an active, contagious illness. Client must notify SPCR through the Time To Pet portal/app or Time To Pet app of any health condition(s) pet has or risk(s) related to pet’s routine behaviors, even if not pertinent to immediate services. If SPCR employees are bitten or exposed to any disease or ailment received from Client’s pet(s), Client will be responsible for all costs and damages that may be incurred as a result. Client is responsible for all medical expenses and damages resulting from an injury to SPCR employees caused by pet(s).
SPCR requires proof of vaccination prior to the Registration meeting. Client must send a copy of each pet’s current vaccination paperwork through the Time To Pet portal/app or email them to Management prior to the Registration. Vaccination records will be kept in the Time To Pet client portal by Management. Vaccination requirements may only be waived with written communication from Client’s veterinarian. Client understands that SPCR employees may need to limit their interaction with unvaccinated animals in order to protect themselves and other animals.
SPCR will request updated records annually or as needed, but Client is asked to proactively send updated vaccination records to SPCR to prevent any delay in booking services. Below is the list of required vaccines for SPCR clients:
• canine parvovirus
• canine hepatitis or adenovirus
• bordetella – if dog is sometimes kenneled
• panleukopenia (feline distemper)
• feline calicivirus
• feline herpesvirus type I (rhinotracheitis)
• feline leukemia virus – if cat has exposure to outdoors or other outdoor cats
• feline immunodeficiency virus (FIV) – if cat has exposure to outdoors or other outdoor cats
SPCR also requires that all pets in our care be kept current with a flea/heart worm preventative. If there is evidence of an active flea infestation in Client’s home, SPCR will 1) notify Client of the outbreak, 2) reserve the right to refuse future service, and 3) reduce the amount of time SPCR employees spend in Client’s home during service so as to protect employee and other animals/homes. Fees will not be reduced.
20. Other Animals: SPCR does our best to keep interactions with stray or strange animals to a minimum when caring for Client’s pet(s). Should Client inform us that pet(s) must be kept away from other animals (through entry on Time To Pet portal), SPCR employees will do our best to avoid all interaction. SPCR will not be held liable for any harm to pet(s) due to interaction with another animal unless negligence can be proven.
21. Outdoor Cats/Dogs Off-Leash: SPCR is not liable for the injury, disappearance, death, or fines of any pet(s) with unsupervised access to the outdoors. SPCR will allow dog(s) off-leash only at the instruction of Client, only when SPCR feels that dog(s) will behave if given that freedom, and only within a secure, fully gated location. SPCR is not responsible for any additional liability that may arise as a result of dog(s) being off-leash unless Client has expressly stated that dog(s) must not be off leash.
22. Pet Transportation: SPCR will provide transportation for Client’s pet(s) in accordance with written instructions in the Time To Pet portal. SPCR is not liable for any injury that may occur in the process of transporting pet(s).
23. Privacy: Client information will be kept private and confidential. Client will receive most email communication from SPCR via the Time To Pet portal. If Client does not want email communication from SPCR, Client must indicate so in writing. Client may also edit their Client Subscriptions and Notifications in the Time To Pet portal; however this eliminates all communication including pet updates from SPCR employees.
SPCR also uses other email marketing programs for promotions. Client can unsubscribe from these at any time without affecting the flow of information related to active services.
Photo Release: Client agrees that SPCR may capture pet’s likeness in photos, video, and other media and use likeness on company website, social media, and other marketing materials. Client understands that Client is not due any payment for the use of pet’s likeness for SPCR purposes. SPCR agrees to make every effort to keep the Client’s identity private.
*The definition of emergency is at the discretion of SPCR Management.